Tuesday 16 June 2009

Street Art

A couple of pictures taken by my friend A during his visit to Israel earlier this month



I think this was by Kikar Dizengoff, on the old building that used to be a gym but now lies empty, forlorn. Technically, I suppose it is still a work in progress. Perhaps the horse was/is trying to get away from the artist...


Bethlehem.

The first thing our driver asked us was if we wanted to go to Manger Square (we did); the second was if we wanted to see 'Banksy'. It took a while for the penny to drop. We didn't, but he insisted, so eventually we allowed him to make a small-ish detour to keep him happy.



Sderot Rothschild, Tel Aviv. Answers on a postcard, please; I have no idea either. (I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to share my balcony, on one of the nicest streets in Israel, with three lumps of concrete; but then, I am a Philistine so that doesn't surprise.)


Neve Tsedek.

If you live in Israel and have basic Hebrew, you'll get it.

If not...

(nb - this picture does not in any way represent the opinions of the author, etc etc)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Performance Art: Apparently, Bibi made an important speech the other night. I watched a bit of it, with the sound off. He had on a nice tie.

6 comments:

MG said...

Cool.
The only actual Banksy that I've ever seen was painted over by Westminster Council.

x said...

There's one in Archway, near a well known pub - forgotten the name now - of Jimi Hendrix trying to thumb a ride. And another in Hoxton (of course!)

Apparently the poor diddums is lamenting his loss of street cred, what with Madge and Brangelina buying up all his work. He's gone searching for his roots again.

I wish him luck.

Adam Ehad said...

I like the "am yisra'el chayot" one. It reminds me of the last scene in the film "mishehu lerutz ito", where someone has scrawled "haznu'ah" beneath the phrase "beruchim haba'im l'Yerushalayim"...(The traditional phrase being "Yerushalayim habnu'ah")
If you are interested in street art, you should check out www.little-people.blogspot.com

x said...

Thanks for the link. I haven't watched "Someone to Run with"...I couldn't find it with English subtitles. Must try again...

Customer said...

Nice commentary, it fleshes out the pics. I had forgotten about those statues. Funny. They look like jelly babies grown up.

x said...

Jelly babies...mmm...used to love those when I was a kid, mainly because Dr Who (Tom Baker) did too...