Saturday 10 January 2009

  1. One life lost is too many. It doesn't matter if the life is male, female, adult, infant, Palestinian, Israeli. One life lost is one too many. I wish people would stop keeping a scorecard, as if it makes a fucking difference.
  2. If I never hear the words 'deterrence' or 'resistance' again in my life, it will not be too soon.
  3. On the basis of current events, I assume that the Israeli Military establishment does not particularly care about the welfare of the inhabitants of Gaza. I also assume that the Hamas establishment doesn't, either.
  4. I don't know why I bother with this. I don't know why anyone at all bothers with this. Even if I could articulate my thoughts clearly, lucidly and coherently - and I can't - they won't, to misappropriate a cliché, be worth much more than a bucket of warm spit. Or make much more difference than someone pissing in a thunderstorm.
  5. I hope it ends soon. I really do. I don't even care about who is right and who is wrong any more. I just want it all to end.

No comments: