Sunday 7 February 2010

Hello, goodbye

It's stopped being fun, and started to feel quite narcissistic. Writing a blog is an excellent way of keeping track of my thoughts: The problem is that it doesn't actually do very much by way of figuring out what other people are thinking, or whether my tuppence worth has any chance whatsoever of influencing the wider discourse.

Actually, I'm jaded with so called "social media" in general: there is a lot of excellent potential waiting to be tapped, but generally - and there are a number of notable exceptions, I must say - it's all about "Me, Me, Me..."

I'll keep the page open for a while. I may find a couple of amusing things to post. Or I may even change my mind, who knows?

But thanks for reading. It was fun writing this blog, and it is always a privilege to be told that occasionally I do make sense.

Take care.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Well, that's a shame. I enjoyed your writing although I admit I didn't comment as much as I should. Plus we have a common bond both being goys in Israel (or goyah, in my case). At any rate, I hope you find a way to express yourself regardless of if it's via a blog or not because, honey, you can't live in Israel without having a way to vent.

Anonymous said...

well I too have loved reading your blog... from back in the UK... my fiancee is Israeli, and it has given me a valuable and most enjoyable perspective...

all the very best in everything that you do...
steve

Tim said...

Hope you do keep on posting. As (yet another) goy in Israel, it's always interesting to read about your thoughts and experiences.

T.

Anonymous said...

Shame... my mother and I enjoy reading your blog. Behatzlaha in whatever you choose to do.