Saturday 28 February 2009

Harry Potter and the Protocols of Zion

Living in this part of the world, it becomes very easy to slide into a partisan appreciation of the problems between Israel and the next door neighbours. Broadly speaking, I lean to the left; I can't say that I'll be the biggest fan of the incoming Israeli government, for instance.

That said, a half hour reading some of the more, shall we say inspired talkbacks on the Guardian website does wonders for restoring the natural balance; reinforcing the natural scepticism that comes from the suspicion/knowledge that pretty everyone with a vested opinion is blowing hot air out of their bottoms when it comes to the Middle East.

This delightful video below performs much the same function. The thing is, I thought it was a glorious send-up at first. Apparently not. Try to watch with a straight face ;-)





4 comments:

thebookmistress said...

So, looking at your previous post... How pragmatic can you really be, if these are the people you are meant to be pragmatic with?

x said...

Good question. I wish I could come up with a sensible answer, but I can't. Being 'pragmatic' allows me to continue to be optimistic - optimistic that one day, a way will be found out of the mess in the Middle East...

G said...

There is only one fact that can be leared from this documentary, and that is that Iranian kids really adore Harry Potter, and the mullahs just hate it!

P.S - you just have to love the phrase "Christian Zionist".

x said...

:-)